Hey All,

I want to use salt to to manage my salt-minion config so I made this simple
salt state...

salt-minion:
   service:
     - running
     - enable: true
     - watch:
       - file: /etc/salt/minion

/etc/salt/minion:
   file:
     - source: salt://salt-minion/minion.conf

After running state.highstate I noticed that there are now two versions of
salt-minion running on my minions...!

      4031 ? S 0:00 /usr/bin/python /usr/bin/salt-minion -d
      4032 ? S 0:00 /usr/bin/python /usr/bin/salt-minion
     11180 ? Ssl 0:21 /usr/bin/python /usr/bin/salt-minion
     32299 ? Sl 0:29 /usr/bin/python /usr/bin/salt-minion -d

After a little digging I see I now hove both an upstart script and a init.d
script on my minions...

/etc/init.d/salt-minio
/etc/init/salt-minion.conf

So now when I do test.ping each server returns twice...!
salt 'stage*' test.ping
test-minion-1:
     True
test-minion-1:
     True

I installed my minions using salt-cloud and/or salt-bootstrap. I guess
during the installation process it adds the init.d script and runs it...
and then the salt-minion state adds the upstart version.

Q1) How can I configure a state so that it removes the init.d version and
runs the upstart version only
Q2) Since initially it will be running the init.d version on the first
state.highstate is that even possible (ie would the init.d version get
killed and then everything would break)
Q3) Is there something that I am not thinking about, and another way that I
should be approaching this?

Thanks,
Justin :)