Hi David,

Thanx for you response. Since the amount of nodes is not that big this is
what I figured so far.

# pillar/top.sls
base:
   'all-prod':
     - match: nodegroup
     - servers.defaults

   'all-dev':
     - match: nodegroup
     - servers.defaults-dev

   'srvyy.example.nl':
     - servers.srvyy

   'srvxx.example.nl':
     - servers.srvxx

   'srvzz.example.nl':
     - servers.srvzz

Not wanting to complicate stuf to much, I want to avoid the whole dual
pillar setup with dev and prod. Two simple .sls files would be enough (see
below).

# pillar/servers/defaults.sls
globals:
   backupserver_ip: 99.99.99.99

# pillar/servers/defaults-dev.sls
globals:
   backupserver_ip: 192.168.2.5

However, I get an error on 'globals': Unable to manage file: Jinja variable
'dict object' has no attribute 'globals'.

While this works as expected looking at the pillar/top.sls.

# pillar/srvyy.sls
node:
   area: staging
   role: webserver