Can I make a polite request to the SaltStack team to please either clarify
the PyPI release policy, or tighten up what is pushed to PyPI?

Currently 2014.7.0rc1 is installed by default by pip, which as I understand
is prerelease and not considered stable. I'm currently getting build
failures related to M2Crypto. On top of this, previously there have been
issues with broken releases staying on PyPI for weeks at a time.

This makes it difficult for those of us with software packages that have
salt as a dependency. I now have to choose between pinning the dependency
on an old salt version, or removing it completely and asking users to
install salt manually. Both options suck.

Please fix.

Thanks,
Ben