This does seem strange, I think those two things should be getting the same
value.

Mind filing an issue on Github? Or if #10954 fits, commenting there?

--
Colton Myers

On Fri, Jul 18, 2014 at 11:12 PM, wrote:

On Saturday, July 19, 2014 2:22:15 PM UTC+10, Stephen Wood wrote:

I am experiencing issues setting a var using grains.get versus just
calling grains. Is there a different to these two methods that isn't
manifestly obvious?

Hi Stephen,
A similar issue was reported here:
https://github.com/saltstack/salt/issues/10954

Not sure whether the root cause is the same in your case.

cheers,
Tim