Colin Law wrote in post #1183944:
On 12 June 2016 at 08:03, David Alejandro wrote:
class Order < ActiveRecord::Base
def paypal_url(return_url, notify_url)
# ... Do stuff
self.update_attribute(:payment_in_process, true)
# Do more stuff...
end

When I visit the view, the model gets its attribute updated. I do not
want this. I only want the attribute updated if the link is clicked.

Know how to accomplish this?
Separate out the code that generates the url from the code that
updates the database. Then run the update in the action that is
called when the link is clicked.

Colin
Colin, there's no action called when the link is clicked, it just
follows the URL generated by the method.

Tried separating the URL generator and creating an action but it turns
out to be the same...