Walter Davis wrote in post #1183825:
var hour = [
i missed this.
You may be getting tripped up by the fact that raw() is a view helper
method, and you are using it within your block as a local variable. Try
a different word, and see if that makes any difference.

Walter
Thanks for your input!

Unfortunately it didnt solve my problem, but I finally figured it out:

I had a newline character appended to my status variable, so raw.status
could never equal "aufgewacht". It does, though, with raw.status.chomp!