Hey!

I want to execute some SQL after the connection has been established (for
example `SELECT set_limit(0.2)` to set the trigram match threshold in
PostgreSQL). I'm looking for something like after_connect hook but haven't
found one.

I could monkey-patch Active Record but I'd prefer a more elegant solution.
I could execute the code from an initializer but it won't work if the
connection needs to be reestablished.

My question is: what's the best way to execute a piece of code for each
newly established Active Record connection?

Best regards
--
Greg Navis
I help tech companies to scale Heroku-hosted Rails apps.