So something is definitely broken in your Javascripts, or the views - the scaffold code there is what I am used to seeing, just referencing the record rather than the explicit ID you pass in.

I am at a loss as to why Windows is complaining when you change the name, or indeed why it would not respond to the standard name of application.js - which has no meaning to Windows that I am aware of