You should not really do this as the whole point of the production environment is to be live and sending mails

The content should not be different to your test or development environment so I am not sure what issue you think you are having

However if you want to do this, then I would suggest something like the mailcatcher gem and temporarily reset your production SMTP settings to use that, however as I said above there should be no need to do this assuming you have tested your app previously

Obviously if you reset your SMTP settings to use mailcatcher then no one will receive any live email from your app