hello... I'm trying to start an auction site and I need some help with the modeling of auctions and bids.

Would it be better to have auctions have many bids and bids belong to auctions, or
Auction has one bid, bid belongs to auction?

Also, how would I call the bid object on the auction to change the :current_price attribute on auction, increment info it up by 1 dollar? Thanks for your help.