On 16 November 2014 15:48, Clay McCullough wrote:
Well the auction object needs to be the auction itself, where users join and bid... If my reasoning is flawed I would love some ideas.

As for the bidding, I was thinking that instead of there being a highest bidder, I would simply have a button that the users could click that would increase the price by one dollar every time. Is there a way I could do this?
Are you just thinking of keeping track of the current price and which
user it is then? I think there may be a problem with that, I think
you will need to track the history of all bids in case there is a
dispute from a user. Without the full history you would not be able
to demonstrate the sequence of +1s

Also what would happen if 500 users all clicked the +$1 within a
second of each other? The last one could end up having made a bid
$499 more than he anticipated.

Colin