I would think so, but the other side is a java socket listener app, and it
isn't splitting on it in Linux, but is on Windows.

On Thu, Nov 7, 2013 at 9:16 PM, Tamara Temple wrote:

On Nov 7, 2013, at 7:54 PM, RVic wrote:

I'm sending a string through a socket connection from a rails app to
another application. The string is delimited with 240.chr. On windows it
runs fine, on Linux, it seems to put in a different looking character in
for 240.chr. Is this some sort of encoding issue? Is there something simple
I am overlooking? Thanks, RVic.
delim = 240.chr
if userSelected.blank?
userSelected = userSending
end
s=row.to_s+delim+userSending+delim+userSelected+delim+message+delim+notes

If you’re using 240.chr as a delimiter, what difference does it make what
the Glyph looks like? The other side should just split on 240.chr.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rubyonrails-talk/9722E365-1223-45B1-8D68-EFD878788444%40gmail.com
.