On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 8:09 PM, Hassan Schroeder wrote:
When you install gems that include a command-line component, e.g.
rails, the executables need to live somewhere in your path. Here's an
example from one of my rvm gemsets:

/Users/hassan/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.0.0-p247@rails4
/bin:/Users/hassan/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.0.0-p247@global
/bin:/Users/hassan/.rvm/rubies/ruby-2.0.0-p247/bin:/Users/hassan/.rvm/bin:
... etc. ....

You clearly don't have `rails` in your path, even though you installed
the gem. So you need to fix this before proceeding. Personally, I'd
create a gemset specifically for this app and add a .rvmrc to the dir
where it lives.
Thanks Hassan. I'll go and learn how to create the gemset then. The
alternative I am thinking at this point is, for the third time, recreate
the linux VM, starting with a clean linux vm and begin installing
everything anew without rvm, I wont be needing other versions of Ruby/Rails
on this thing (Ill create new Linux VMs for that) and given that I only
need one instance, I should perhaps look to do this without rvm or even a
gemset.