On 28 October 2013 17:30, RVic wrote:
Colin,

You underestimate yourselves -- I think the guys in this group do exhibit
telepathic qualities (I say that because i am very grteful to all the hlpe I
have been offered here, and hoe to reciprocate in the not-too-distant
future).

(Im sorry, I am on the google grups page, and seemingly unable to get
anything of the thread in this message save for the first message in the
thread, which I am not dupicating)
In that case please subscribe to the list and access it through email.
Yes, it made a big difference! Now, however (because I am using the
authlogic gem I believe, and now on linux as opposed to a windows
installation previously that I am porting this over from):
ruby script/server
/home/user/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.8.6-p420/gems/actionpack-2.3.2/lib/action_controller/session/cookie_store.rb:163:in
`ensure_session_key': A key is required to write a cookie containing the
session data. Use config.action_controller.session = { :key =>
"_myapp_session", :secret => "some secret phrase" } in config/environment.rb
Well that is clear enough I think.

Colin