On 28 October 2013 15:48, RVic wrote:
Colin,

I was able to fix executable-hooks (which installing 1.8.6 under rvm was
causing) per Michal Papas this morning. I;ve tried to instaull
ruby-debug-base, etc. but:

gem install --remote ruby-debug
ERROR: Error installing ruby-debug:
linecache requires Ruby version >= 1.8.7.

(Incidentally, under rvm, if I were to install 1.8.7, would I need to
reinstall all the gems I have installed under 1.8.6? Does rvm create another
new, empty ruby "slot" in that regard that moves with the version selected?) Yes
You are right, ruby-deub existed in my develoment.rb, which I commented out,
restarted, and:

ruby script/server
./script/../config/boot.rb:39:in `run': uninitialized constant
Rails::Initializer (NameError)
from ./script/../config/boot.rb:11:in `boot!'
from ./script/../config/boot.rb:110
from script/server:2:in `require'
from script/server:2

Line 39 of boot.rb is:

Rails::Initializer.run(:set_load_path)
Which version of rubygems are you running?
gem -v

Colin