On 25 October 2013 11:49, Natmanu wrote:
Thanks for the reply Colin,
No, problem. Could you not top post please, it makes it difficult to
follow the thread. Insert your reply at appropriate points in
I'm sure my stubborn nature is going to get me through this learning curve.

when i run: rvm list

the result is:

ruby-2.0.0-p247 [x86_64]
# => - current
# =* - current && default
# * - default

So should i run
rvm --default use 1.9.3
or
rvm --default use 2.0.0
rvm list says you only have 2.0.0 installed, which I see is the one
recommended in the tutorial so that should be ok, so
rvm --default use 2.0.0
Then when you run rvm list again you see it with =* against it showing
that it is the current and default.

Looking at the tutorial I see that Ryan has included the command to
set the default in the section headed Ruby, presumably you missed that
bit.

Colin