On 25 October 2013 10:18, Natmanu wrote:
Hi,

I seem to be hitting some configuration errors every step of the tutorial.
IS there a way to check my config to see I have all that I need set up?

Now when I try: bundle exec rake db:migrate

is get Error: RVM Ruby not used, run 'rvm use 1.9.1' first

I'm not sure i understand the error. is should run: rvm use 1.9.1
I sympathise with you, trying to learn Ubuntu, rvm, ruby and rails all
at once can be a bit overwhelming. Persevere and all will become
clear in time. The error seems a bit odd. The rvm use command allows
you to specify which ruby you wish to use, I am surprised that it has
not defaulted to something. However you can easily set the default
ruby. First see which ones you have installed by running, in a
terminal
rvm list

Then to make one of the these the default run
rvm --default use 1.9.3
you don't normally need the -pnnn patch number unless you have
multiple versions of the same ruby (which would not normally be a good
idea). In the error it said 1.9.1, I hope you are not using that
version (which does not play well with rails), it should probably be
1.9.3

Colin