On 23 October 2013 22:22, Ralph Vince wrote:
I dont seem to be able to find any file or folder on this entire, rather
fresh, linux system named execute-hooks.
Look at the error message:
Error loading RubyGems plugin "/home/user/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.
8.6-p420@global/gems/executable-hooks-1.2.5/lib/rubygems_plugin.rb":
uninitialized constant ExecutableHooks (NameError)
With rvm all the gems are under .rvm
I think the problem was that I
first installed rails 2.3.2. Im going to try to reinstall everything all
over again in the next 24 hours, starting with a fresh linux installations,
There is certainly no need to re-install linux.
using rails 1.3.7 instead. Based on what I am hearing from yor feedback,
that should prevent the execute-hooks / versioning problems that percolated
later up through my install (below, with rails not specified as 1.3.7). Can
you please have a look and tell me if you see anything that looks glaringly
wrong.Thanks for your help with this!

Install MySQL and phpMyAdmin

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install curl
curl -L get.rvm.io | bash -s stable --auto
. ~/.bash_profile
rvm requirements
rvm install 1.8.6
ruby -v
gem install rails -v 1.3.7

sudo apt-get install libpq-dev
sudo apt-get install libmysqlclient-dev
sudo apt-get install nodejs
gem install --remote mysql2
gem install --remote jdbc-mysql
gem install --remote authlogic --version 2.0.13
gem install --remote calendar_date_select --version 1.15
gem install --remote mongrel
gem install --remote paginator
gem install --remote pdf-writer
gem install --remote log4r
gem install --remote needle
gem install --remote nifty-generators
gem install --remote RedCloth
gem install --remote ruport
gem install --remote rubyzip --version 0.9.1
gem install --remote ruport-util
gem install --remote mailfactory
gem install --remote acts_as_reportable
gem list --local
then, from the top folder of the rails app itself:
ruby script/plugin install
git://github.com/activescaffold/active_scaffold.git --force
ruby script/plugin install git://github.com/lackac/render_component.git -r
rails-edge --force
ruby script/plugin install git://github.com/craigambrose/redbox.git --force
Check the versions of /all/ the gems and plugins on the old machine
and install exactly those versions.

Colin