On 23 October 2013 20:59, Ralph Vince wrote:

On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 3:43 PM, Colin Law wrote:
On 23 October 2013 17:44, RVic wrote:

On Wednesday, October 23, 2013 11:26:51 AM UTC-4, Colin Law wrote:

Why are you using the executablehooks gem anyway on a rails 2 app?
I didn't intentionally opt for that (or, if i did, it was X years ago
when
this thing was written!). How would I get rid of that? Thanks.
Just uninstall the gem if you don't need it. Of course that may not
be the issue at all, you may get a similar problem somewhere else.

Was it used on the old system?

Colin

Colin,

It must have been installed on the old system via a dependency to one of the
other gems listed below (it;s the entire listing of commandsI used to
install this onto a pristine Linux Mint 15 installation).

I have some serious doubts about this -- Ive been trying to get mongrel to
fire up this rails app for a few days now, and am entirely unable to get
anywhere with it. I cannot even list the gems on this installation now!

gem list --local

Error loading RubyGems plugin
"/home/user/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.8.6-p420/gems/executable-hooks-1.2.6/lib/rubygems_plugin.rb":
uninitialized constant ExecutableHooks (NameError)

I need to go back and start wit a pristine OS I think and start installing
things one step at a time until I get this to run -- I dont think I can
salvage this at this point. Here are the steps I took, and I will take
again, one step at a time, until I get it to run or end up in thissame pit
of despair!
Since the error you are getting in the executable-hooks gem I would
start by removing it and see what happens. It may not be compatible
with that version of ruby for example. Since it seems the first
version was only three months ago it seems unlikely that your app
needs it [1].

gem uninstall executable-hooks

Colin

[1] https://rubygems.org/gems/executable-hooks/versions