On 23 October 2013 14:14, RVic wrote:
Colin,

I think you've forgotten more about Rails than I will ever know. Im using
rvm, so to use in earlier versin of rubygems, how would I specify that? I
took your advice and tried to comment out line 31 in custom_require.rb, and
when I go to invoke with the old "ruby script/server" it now comes back
with:

Error loading RubyGems plugin
"/home/user/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.8.6-p420@global/gems/executable-hooks-1.2.5/lib/rubygems_plugin.rb":
uninitialized constant ExecutableHooks (NameError)
./script/../config/boot.rb:39:in `run': uninitialized constant
Rails::Initializer (NameError)
from ./script/../config/boot.rb:11:in `boot!'
You can check which version of rubygems you have with
gem -v
If you do that on your old machine you can then install that version using
rvm install rubygems <version>
Then check with gem -v

I use 1.3.7 with rails 2, it gives a few warnings but works ok.

Colin