On 23 October 2013 21:29, Jordon Bedwell wrote:
On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 3:19 PM, Ralph Vince wrote:
Colin, yes, but this is the world I am stuck in(!) :

gem uninstall executable-hooks
Error loading RubyGems plugin
"/home/user/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.8.6-p420/gems/executable-hooks-1.2.6/lib/rubygems_plugin.rb":
uninitialized constant ExecutableHooks (NameError)
Error loading RubyGems plugin
"/home/user/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.8.6-p420@global/gems/executable-hooks-1.2.5/lib/rubygems_plugin.rb":
uninitialized constant ExecutableHooks (NameError)
/home/user/.rvm/rubies/ruby-1.8.6-p420/bin/gem:21: uninitialized constant
Gem::GemRunner (NameError)
You are on RVM, just empty it and remove the Gem from your Gemfile and
move on, there are times when trying to figure out the problem is not
worth it because it's so highly localized and edgy compared to just
completing the easiest solution in fixing it, which in this case would
be just clearing the entire gemset and starting over.
He has not got a Gemfile ( I assume) as he is using rails 2.

Ralph, I think you can just delete the executable-hooks folder, or
even just delete the complete ruby-1.8.... folder and install ruby in
rvm again.

When you re-install the gems make sure you install the specific
versions of the gems that your original app used. The problem may be
that if you installed the latest versions you may have got one that is
not compatible with rails 2 or with that ruby.

Colin