I'm trying to figure out decisively what the uses are for Javascript
frameworks such as Angular and Ember in regards to Rails. My immediate
reaction to them was that it's an extra step that's being added and
clogging up the code of the application, but that's a rather biased view
considering I've never used one much less really comprehend their use.

The other point I'm trying to figure out is if we're writing all this
code and using Rails as a front end for all of this, then why don't we
skip a step and go to node.js for it?

Again, I'm new to the concept of these frameworks, so I'm not sure
exactly what to think.