Please not.

You can either append the value to the url or put the value inside the form.

You can check whether the date1 was posted to the server. Use web inspector to see the posted data. If the date1 was not even included in the posted data, then you need to check your html and javascript. Or if the date1 was included but it is blank, then you need to figure out why it is blank.

--
Yong Gu