On Sat, Feb 2, 2013 at 8:58 AM, wrote:

I have an existing set of HTML5/CSS3/jquery/javascript pages - no logic -
just the UI with content, etc. And I also have the schema for mysql project.
And then how about the database? Or do I need to start fresh on creating
schema?
Probably. You already got some good advice on dealing with the
UI. And actually, I've done something very similar, moving markup
from an existing non-Rails app to Rails: tedious, but straightforward.

But without knowing exactly what you have in terms of db schema
and how it translates to Rails conventions, I'd say that's where the
bulk of the work will be. Especially if this is your first Rails app.

I would definitely try building out a skeleton app first to play with
the models and process flow before even thinking about markup.

Best of luck!
http://about.me/hassanschroeder
twitter: @hassan