Hello Rails experts...
I have an interesting problem...I'm sure there are many solutions to this
but I can't seem to figure it out -

I have an existing set of HTML5/CSS3/jquery/javascript pages - no logic -
just the UI with content, etc. And I also have the schema for mysql
project. I want to build the entire framework using Ruby on Rails 3.2 - I
decided to go with Ruby on Rails rather than PHP or Node.js/Express.
However, I'd rather start something from existing than build from ground up
using new rails project. I do not want to waste effort that I've put in
building the HTML5 front-end - again has no logic because there's no
backend. I wanted to start with front-end to generate lot of ideas and
create proper UX. and then build the backend using Ruby on Rails. How
would I start with this?
So far, here's what I did.
I created a new rails 3.2 project - then created a folder called
"javascripts" under public directory and copied all my javascripts there.
But what about all my HTML files? Shall I just drop them in Views folder
and rename each one with .erb extension. And copy all CSS files in layouts
main directory?
And then how about the database? Or do I need to start fresh on creating
schema? Do you recommend MySQL or PostgresSQL? My web application would
be similar to ticketmaster website.

Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks, JP