On Dec 26, 2012, at 12:56 PM, Gauthier D. wrote:

Samantha John wrote in post #1032986:
I'd recommend creating an attr_accessor for :primary on your Title
model.
In your form you could do something like:
f.object.roles.each do |role|
f.radio_button :primary, :role.id
f.label :primary

which should have the desired behavior.
This solution does not work with newly added nested objects as they
don't have an ID yet (with cocoon/railscasts way nested forms handling).

I've asked a question about the same issue here :
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14043884/radio-buttons-grouped-over-multiple-nested-form-entries
I ended up solving this in my application by using an after_create hook to set the primary person to whichever person was added first, and then allowing the radio button to change this during any subsequent edit. The radio buttons are not even shown until the parent record is persisted. Not a perfect solution, but one that has actually fit into the workflow very nicely, since the (human) editor seems to think that way (adding the author first) while creating new titles.

Walter