On Oct 20, 2012, at 6:17 AM, akvarel wrote:

I have uploading several file working already. The problem is that I want to make a oreview before uploading.
I have studied as well the code of JQuery Upload. I have copied and pasted the content of all their pages and files. The problem is I cannot add the files because the "action" is really strange:
<!-- The file upload form used as target for the file upload widget -->
<form id="fileupload" action="server/php/" method="POST" enctype="multipart/form-data">
<!-- The fileupload-buttonbar contains buttons to add/delete files and start/cancel the upload -->

They do not have a controller with a function server/php , but they do have a folder server/php with other files. I have downloaded this folder and added it to my rails project, but I have no idea how I can link action="server/php/" with that folder.
You're not, not unless you put it in the /public folder, and configure Apache to run the PHP interpreter against it. I have heard of this sort of thing being possible, but I have never attempted it.

If you already have file upload working with Rails, then there's no reason to add the form tag as they have here, just learn from it. Think of this as the working model that you must adapt from PHP to Rails. Change action to your file upload action, or just add the ID of this example form to your Rails form_for method. Then fold in the JavaScript that they use to make the preview, and you should be good. If they are doing a client-side preview, then the form handler (PHP or Rails) is completely outside of the problem, not related at all to the solution.

Walter