On 8 October 2012 09:42, Loganathan Sellapa wrote:
HI All,

I am using the carrier wave gem for file uploading, and I am not able to
delete the original file after uploading. I tried the below code but it
didn't work, any help would be really appreciated.

after :store, :unlink_original

def unlink_original(file)
File.delete(store_dir+'/'+@original_file) #path of the original file
end
Have you confirmed that unlink_original is being called and that the
correct file name is being built and passed to delete? If you have
not already done so then I suggest logging a message showing the value
os
store_dir+'/'+@original_file and makes sure that it appears ok.
Alternatively break in with the debugger to make sure it is ok.

Colin
regards,
Loganathan
Mob: +91 7760780741 | +91 9944414388