On 09/24/2012 01:18 PM, jason baguio wrote:
I am using Devise and am trying to allow each user to create 1
profile (they can currently make many). I am able to send the the
newly registered user to the page where they can create a profile,
but when the User logs in it will not go to the Profile Show page
- the error message is

(Couldn't find Profile without an ID...
app/controllers/profiles_controller.rb:16:in `show')
We dealt with a similar problem by making sure that a profile was
created for every user at the time the user is created; we did this in
the model after failing to convince the controller to do the right thing.

In app/models/user.rb:

before_save do | user |
user.profile = Profile.new unless user.profile
end

HTH,
Chris
--
Chris Maden, text nerd <URL: http://crism.maden.org/ >
LIVE FREE: vote for Gary Johnson, Libertarian for President.