Hi!

Take a look at the method group_by:

http://www.ruby-doc.org/core-1.9.3/Enumerable.html#method-i-group_by
On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 1:44 PM, Colin Law wrote:
On 22 August 2012 17:26, ngw wrote:
Hi *, I have an array of AR objects that I've been able to sort
alphabetically that I need to split by letter, for example { :a => [apple],
:b => [banana] } and so on, based on an attribute that I use for sorting.
The end result should be something like

<ul>
<li>A</li>
<ul>
<li> Apple </li>
</ul>
<li>B</li>
<ul>
<li> Banana </li>

and so on.
I have no idea how to do this...
The array is already sorted alphabetically using the DB.
Is it that you do not know how to write the ruby code to iterate the
records? If your objects are in @records then you can use
@records.each.

Colin