What version of rake, what version of Ruby, what version of Rails? Also, what version of Gem? There's lots of reasons why this might not work. Are you using rvm? If so, make a new gemset and bundle install again there. Triple check that the version of Rails in your tutorial matches the version installed on your computer.

Walter