Thank up Walter.

Think I looked at that line a hundred times. I know it had to work -
it work all along.
Thanks again
Jeff
On Apr 6, 1:40 pm, Walter Lee Davis wrote:
On Apr 6, 2012, at 3:37 PM, Jeff Kyzer wrote:

Hello
I have been learning ruby on rails 3 from the Michael hartl book, and
I have run into something that I can't figure out.  After updating the
gem file and running bundle install, I am getting the following error
You passed :required as an option for gem 'sqlite3-ruby', but it is
invalid.
Here is the gem file code.  Below this is what I added.  Can anyone
tell me why I am getting this error?
Thanks
source 'https://rubygems.org'
gem 'rails', '3.2.0'
gem 'sqlite3-ruby', '1.2.5', :required => 'sqlite3'
group :development do
gem 'rspec-rails', '2.0.1'
end
group :test do
gem 'rspec', '2.0.1'
gem 'webrat', '0.7.1'
end
# Bundle edge Rails instead:
# gem 'rails', :git => 'git://github.com/rails/rails.git'
gem 'sqlite3'
# Gems used only for assets and not required
# in production environments by default.
Here is the stuff I added
gem 'sqlite3-ruby', '1.2.5', :required => 'sqlite3'
make that :require not :required and this should work.

Walter

group :development do
gem 'rspec-rails', '2.0.1'
end