On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 1:57 PM, Colin Law wrote:
On 29 February 2012 05:22, sachin kewale wrote:

On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 5:31 PM, Colin Law wrote:
On 28 February 2012 11:53, sachin kewale wrote:

On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 5:06 PM, Michael Pavling <pavling@gmail.com>
wrote:
On 28 February 2012 11:26, sachin kewale <sachinkewale@gmail.com>
wrote:
i am getting an error 'undefined method 'current' for
852:Fixnum',
the
error coming for following line

<%if @expert_pagination.current.previous%>
....and the value of @expert_pagination is what? Have you debugged it
see?
I assume you expect it to be an object of some sort with a method
".current"; but the error is telling you that it's a Fixnum...
yes the @expert_pagination is object
No it is not an object, it is a number. Have a look at the Rails
Guide on Debugging to get ideas on how to work out what is going on.

Colin

yes it is number ,but when the number is like 6,7 it is giving an error
''undefined method 'current' for 852:Fixnum''
I don't understand what you are saying, you accept that
@expert_pagination is a number, but then expect to be able to say
@expert_pagination.current. A number does not have a method current
so the error is shown. What do you expect @expert_pagination.current
to do if @expert_pagination is a simple number?

I also don't understand what you mean by "when the number is like 6,7"
6,7 is not a number, or do you mean 6.7?

Have you followed my earlier suggestion to read the Rails Guide on
debugging in order to find out what is going on? Please answer this
question if you reply, do not just ignore it.

Colin

colin, i am new to ROR ,the scenario is like that if goto Url
www.sugestica.com:8881 and in search on home page if searched using latest
suggestions it will give
me error and also i said before that the error is coming for
'@book_pages.current.
previous' which is getting the value from controller.i debug and found that
it getting value number single digit 6
suppose .

i think now you are clear what i am asking for.I just want to know the
cause of this error
undefined method `current' for 6:Fixnum

--
sachin