On 29 February 2012 09:26, sachin kewale wrote:
On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 1:57 PM, Colin Law wrote:
On 29 February 2012 05:22, sachin kewale wrote:

On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 5:31 PM, Colin Law <clanlaw@googlemail.com>
wrote:
On 28 February 2012 11:53, sachin kewale <sachinkewale@gmail.com>
wrote:

On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 5:06 PM, Michael Pavling <pavling@gmail.com>
wrote:
On 28 February 2012 11:26, sachin kewale <sachinkewale@gmail.com>
wrote:
i am getting an error 'undefined method 'current' for
852:Fixnum',
the
error coming for following line

<%if @expert_pagination.current.previous%>
....and the value of @expert_pagination is what? Have you debugged
it
see?
I assume you expect it to be an object of some sort with a method
".current"; but the error is telling you that it's a Fixnum...
yes the @expert_pagination is object
No it is not an object, it is a number.  Have a look at the Rails
Guide on Debugging to get ideas on how to work out what is going on.

Colin

yes it is number ,but when the number is like 6,7 it is giving an error
''undefined method 'current' for 852:Fixnum''
I don't understand what you are saying, you accept that
@expert_pagination is a number, but then expect to be able to say
@expert_pagination.current.  A number does not have a method current
so the error is shown.  What do you expect @expert_pagination.current
to do if @expert_pagination is a simple number?

I also don't understand what you mean by "when the number is like 6,7"
6,7 is not a number, or do you mean 6.7?

Have you followed my earlier suggestion to read the Rails Guide on
debugging in order to find out what is going on?  Please answer this
question if you reply, do not just ignore it.

Colin

colin, i am new to ROR ,the scenario is like that if goto Url
www.sugestica.com:8881 and in search on home page if searched using latest
suggestions it will give
me error and also i said before that the error is coming for
'@book_pages.current.
previous' which is getting the value from controller.i debug and found that
it getting value number single digit 6
suppose .

i think now you are clear what i am asking for.I just want to know the cause
of this error
undefined method `current' for 6:Fixnum
The cause of the error is simple.
1. @book_pages is the number 6.
2. You have the code @book_pages.current
3. This is the same as saying 6.current
4. The number 6 does not have a method called current
5. Therefore there is the error that the method 'current' is not
defined for the number 6.

Now if your question is 'why is @book_pages the number 6' then you
must look at the code where you setup @book_pages.

I think you would be better to work through some tutorials first
however. I suggest that you forget what you are doing for a few days
and work right through something like railstutorial.org, which is free
to use online. Then you will have a better grasp of the fundamentals
of RoR and will be able to answer your own questions.

Colin