Hello!

Try Ryan Bates's private_pub ... is not quite XMPP ... but it allows push engine and websockets ...

Alecslupu
On Feb 19, 2012, at 9:14 PM, rubybox wrote:

Im trying to build a simple instant messenger inside my ruby on rails app. In basics its just 1-1 chat with some authentication so only authorised users can communicatie between each other.
XMPP protocol seems to a be a nice solution to handle a chat feature and possible instant messenger (1-1) but haven't found any real examples of implementations for a rails app.

There are several xmpp ruby library's available on github but its not a easy choose between them, are there any proven concepts for a xmpp server and a rails app that anyone would recommend?
Also on how to authorize users and be able to integrate some autentication from the rails app is little or no info I could found.

Can anyone recommend me on any of the above?
Thanks in advanche!