On Sun, Feb 12, 2012 at 10:28 PM, Vidal Ekechukwu wrote:

Hey, hopefully you figured this out already but I was stuck on this
issue as well, and the solution's pretty simple. You have to make sure
that the "database.yml" file is in the git or scm tool repository that
you're using.

I think capistrano is trying to pull the database.yml file from the
repository and not any physical location on the deployment server.
Sometimes when you're working with people you .gitignore the
database.yml file but just make sure you "git add -f" the database.yml
file then commit and push it.

In general, this does not seem to be the optimal solution. I would not
advise to store the production passwords in the version control system

As Capistrano does it by default, link to files in /shared/config, seems
a lot better for the production passwords.

HTH,

Peter

--
*** Available for a new project ***