Heroku is the easiest to use and should be good for what you describe.
However, you will want to make sure you research, in detail, the database
situation. Heroku is now forcing the use of Postgres for "production"
deployment, in certain situations. Since your app is probably using
SQLite, you will want to try to deploy to Heroku on an older stack - one
that allows the use of SQLite. Otherwise you will be doing some
reconfigurations that will complicate your situation.

I am wondering if anyone knows of any free hosting sites for ruby on
rails that would be easy in use as this is my first time hosting a
website and the first time I have ever worked with Rails.

I have no intention of starting the project again but just simply want
to be able to upload my project to a site, free of charge in order for
me to demonstrate it to the examiners at the end of March.