On Feb 7, 2012, at 7:45 PM, regedarek wrote:

Hi.
My gems: carrierwave, whenever
I would like to remove from server photos uploaded 30 days ago.

I should use runner ?

every 1.day, :at => '4:30 am' do
runner "MyPhotoModel.remove_after_30_days"
end

How to remove files .jpg from server using runner?

Should I remove records in photo table??
I haven't used CarrierWave yet, but many of the other file attachment gems delete the underlying file when the the corresponding object is destroyed. Try this in console --

Photo.first.destroy

Then look in your file folder to see if the matching file is actually gone.

Walter