I had a working Rails setup using RVM on Ubuntu 11.10 with /home on a
separate partition. I installed Ubuntu 12.04 (Alpha) on the root
partition, leaving the home partition unchanged. I now find that some
things don't work, I think due to the fact that the system has been
updated and versions of libraries have changed. For example I get:

$ rails c
/home/colinl/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.8.7-p302/gems/mysql2-0.3.10/lib/mysql2/mysql2.so:
libmysqlclient_r.so.16: cannot open shared object file: No such file
or directory - /home/colinl/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.8.7-p302/gems/mysql2-0.3.10/lib/mysql2/mysql2.so
(LoadError)

I uninstalled gem mysql2 then did bundle install, which re-installed
mysql2 (the same version) with its native extensions and this fixed
the problem. I think (but may be corrected) that I need to re-install
any gems that have native extensions in each of my projects. As I
don't know which have native extensions what I would like to do is
just to remove them all and then run bundle install to reinstall them.
I can't find a method of uninstalling them however. Any suggestions?

Colin