I have a custom serializer object that I use for an attribute of
ActiveRecord as presented in this article:
http://www.edgerails.info/articles/what-s-new-in-edge-rails/2011/03/09/custom-activerecord-attribute-serialization/index.html

If I assign a value to that attribute with a form (in my case a nested
form), I don't get the deserialized value in the params hash as it used
to be with Rails 3.1, but now I get a serializer struct that contains
the custom serializer class instance and the deserialized value.

Does anybody know whether this is intentional, or is it just broken and
I have to work around that until it gets fixed...?