CanCan is Rails specific - the docs on GitHub clearly state it is for Ruby
on Rails. From my limited experience, CanCan requires Gems that are Rails
specific and relies on many aspects of Rail's MVC structure. I estimate it
would be a big job to rework CanCan to be not dependent on Rails plug-ins
and work with whatever MVC structure (if any) you have in your app. It
would most likely be easier to roll your own.