$ rvm reload $ rvm pkg install readline
$ rvm install 1.9.2
On Jan 14, 11:12 am, Colin Law wrote:
On 13 January 2012 18:02, Kamal wrote:

Hi, I am a newbie to Ruby and I have been installing ruby 1.9.2
following this link.
http://toranbillups.com/blog/archive/2010/09/01/How-to-install-Rails-...
I am stuck at 'rvm install ruby-1.9.2'
I get this error:
error: Error running 'make ', please check /home/coder/.rvm/log/
ruby-1.9.2-p0/make*.log
error: There has been an error while running make. Aborting the
installation.
I can send the make.log if needed.
Just post the last bit in the log that (presumably) shows the error.
In case it says there is something missing then it is probably
something required that has not been installed.  On ubuntu I run this
to get everything I seem to need:
sudo apt-get install build-essential bison openssl libreadline6
libreadline6-dev curl git-core zlib1g zlib1g-dev libssl-dev
libyaml-dev libsqlite3-0 libsqlite3-dev sqlite3 libxml2-dev autoconf
# extras for mysql gem build if using mysql
sudo apt-get install libmysql-ruby libmysqlclient-dev
# for nokogiri if needed
sudo apt-get install libxslt-dev libxml2-dev

Colin