On Wed, Dec 28, 2011 at 10:43 AM, Tom Tom wrote:

I initially setup the default setting for the dates in the database to
follow this format: '1979-09-21', but I would like to change this to:
'09-21-1979'.
Why would you care about the internal format of a Date in the DB?
Let ActiveRecord and your database adapter take care of that.

If your code deals with dates, use Date or DateTime -- not a String
masquerading as a date. :-)

And apologies in advance if I've misunderstood your issue.

http://about.me/hassanschroeder
twitter: @hassan