Maybe a simple solution would be to create a view in SQL Server and a model based on that view in Rails?

-----Oprindelig meddelelse-----
Fra: rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com På vegne af Michael M.
Sendt: 21. december 2011 15:47
Til: rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com
Emne: [Rails] Active Record and SQL Server

I have a Rails application that is set up to use a MySQL database for most of its data but I have a need to pull in data from a SQL Server
2008 instance as well. This holds our data for Microsoft's CRM and GP and therefore cannot be pulled into the MySQL database. So I set up a database configuration in config/database.yml for the connection to this server and the connection seems to work just fine.

With that said, I have a couple of queries that I need to execute on this database which joins together two tables and pulls columns from each table. So I set up a model file for one of the tables like the following...

class Sop10200 < ActiveRecord::Base
self.establish_connection :gpconn
set_table_name 'SOP10200'

def self.invoice_items(invoicenmbr)
select('RGI_ENTLMT,RGI_LICLTH,RGI_PRVENTLMT,ITEMNMBR,QUANTITY,ITEMDESC').
joins('INNER JOIN RGI10200 ON (RGI10200.SOPNUMBE=SOP10200.SOPNUMBE
AND RGI10200.SOPTYPE=SOP10200.SOPTYPE AND RGI10200.LNITMSEQ=SOP10200.LNITMSEQ)').
where('SOP10200.SOPNUMBE = ?', invoicenmbr)
end

end

The first three columns in the select statement come from table RGI10200 and the last three come from SOP10200. The query executes and returns without any errors, but when I do an inspect on the results that come back, I realized that the tables from RGI10200 were missing. If I were to switch them and create the model class around RGI10200, then the fields from SOP10200 are missing. Any idea why I am missing fields from the results?

To make sure it was sending the correct query, I copied the query that gets put into the development log and used that in a DB client connected to the server with the same credentials and it comes back with all the fields present. I also verified using a packet capture that the data is in fact coming back to the Rails system with all of the columns populated. So it isn't the query formation or the DB server giving me back the data I ask for.

Thanks in advance,
Michael