Brynjolfur Thorvardsson wrote in post #1037688:
Maybe a simple solution would be to create a view in SQL Server and a
model based on that view in Rails?
That would be a simple solution and one that I have thought about.
However, in the future I am considering redeveloping the entire database
and using SQL Server as the main platform. I wouldn't want to have to
create a bunch of views just to get this to work. I thought the whole
point of the Active Record/Model abstraction was so you could code it
once and have it work for any database type.

-Michael