On Fri, Dec 9, 2011 at 12:14 PM, Alec Taylor wrote:

I am thinking to build my own like system, as a way of learning
various technologies including Javascript; and to gain a better
understanding of authentication and XSS. Most importantly though, this
will provide a fun project with which to learn Ruby on Rails.

Use-case:
1. Unique ID generated atop a little bit of Javascript code, for
embedding in any website
2. When unique user presses this like button, a +1 is triggered to
the 'score' of that UID
3. On unique user's profile, display what they like'd

I'm unsure as where to start... how would I go about building this
system? — i.e. Should I be looking at Inoshi?

Thanks for all suggestions,
Hi!

I recommend the book: "Service Oriented Design with Ruby and Rails" by Paul
Dix
There you will find something similar.

Alec Taylor