Hi!

I opened the html source from the snowreport.php site and I noted that the
strange symbols that you mentioned are htmlencoded
characters. The symbol is °

I had a similar problem on last Monday, but I couldn't complete solve it.

Try the lib: http://htmlentities.rubyforge.org/

or use a regular expression (sub, gsub) to substitute ° for the degrees
symbol.

Regards,

Everaldo