You do not have title column in your database , try generate a migration to add the missing columns

--
kevin

On Wednesday, November 16, 2011 at 11:12 AM, Scott Sewares wrote:

Hello All,

I am taking a programming class and I am running into some problems with
a Rail program I am working on from a book called "Beginning Rails 3,
Updated." The book is having me create a blog application and I get to
the point where I run the rails web server. When the page loads there is
a link that suppose to go to another page where I can create a new blog,
in this case a "new articile." When I click on the link it takes me to a
page Called "Action Controller: Exception Caught and the title of the
page is "NoMethodError in Articles#new". I am still pretty new at this,
and I am not sure what this means. I will list the full part of the
error screen. If you need the rest, please let me know. Thank you!

NoMethodError in Articles#new

Showing C:/IS410/Programs/blog/app/views/articles/_form.html.erb where
line #16 raised:

undefined method `title' for #<Article id: nil, created_at: nil,
updated_at: nil>

Extracted source (around line #16):

13:
14: <div class="field">
15: <%= f.label :title %><br />
16: <%= f.text_field :title %>
17: </div>
18: <div class="field">
19: <%= f.label :body %><br />

Trace of template inclusion: app/views/articles/new.html.erb

Rails.root: C:/IS410/Programs/blog