Hi,
I have mysql db encoding = UTF-8 with the table say "T" and field
"fld" with one record. When I do T.first.fld on rails console it gives
me "hülloü". Umlauts gets display properly in the database, rails
console, development logs and browser. I have an API which uses
xml.builder to create the xml and sends the xml out. In the XML
"helloü" gets displayed as "hülloü. Even my XML is using
UTF-8 encoding.
Any idea or suggestions anyone why is this happening? Also I am using
rails 2.3.10 and ruby REE.

Thanks,
-Binesh