Sorted

In my controller
MiddleMan.worker(:process_cv_worker).async_changed_cv(:args =>
{:vitae_id => @vitae.id})

In my worker
def changed_cv(args)
@vitae=Vitae.find(args[:vitae_id])

code

end

Dan
On Nov 3, 9:58 am, DanC wrote:
I hope someone can point out my stupic mistake here as I have wasted
far too much time fiddling with syntax and I just can't get it. I am
new to BackgroundRB and I am trying to pass 2 ids to my worker.

In my controller I have:

MiddleMan.worker(:process_cv_worker).async_changed_cv(:arg =>
{ :vitae_id => @vitae.id, :current_user_id => current_user.id })

And my worker looks like:

class ProcessCvWorker < BackgrounDRb::MetaWorker
set_worker_name :process_cv_worker
require 'pdf/toolkit'

def create(args)
# this method is called, when worker is loaded for the first time
logger.info "Created vitae worker"
end

def changed_cv(arg)
vitae_id = arg[:vitae_id]
user_name = arg[:current_user_id]
@vitae=Vitae.find(vitae_id)

more code

end
end

However, when I run this code I get Error calling method changed_cv
with on worker process_cv_worker at Thu Nov 03 09:37:56 +0000 2011
undefined method `[]' for nil:NilClass

The code works fine if I just use @vitae=Vitae.find(1) so I know that
it is not finding the vitae. I am sure i am being stupid but I have
confused myself and am seeking help.

Thanks,

Dan